Cs up

Cs up
reppin the bridge far and wide.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Keep On Goin'...

I am gearing up for my Arabic midterms next week. Last Wedenesday, we had our spoken 3mia (jordanian dialect of Arabic) midterm. My friend Ashley and I memorized a dialogue and performed it for our class. It was quite scandalous, you see we were on our way to a party and i wanted to dance with khalid but khalid had kissed maha yesterday and also hugged muna (haarrrrrraam!), so instead i danced with ahmed. I think we performed it well and with enthusiasm and completely memorized (my host brother made me memorize ashley's lines too) so I was happy with the results.

I still have my listening 3mia, and the written fousha (standard arabic) test to take next week. I am feeling pretty good about it, but we will see. The hamza charts and nunnition are killing me.

LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZAAA!! it was so exciting. I went out to dinner with a guy (and my roomate and his roomate) I met randomly, Max, who is here this semester (obviously) and going to be in Korea next semester! strange... but we get a long great and just gives me another reason to look forward to korea. There is a pizza place in the building where the CIEE office is that smells amazing but for some reason i haven't gotten it yet...but last night i saw turkey pizza on the menu at a restaurant downtown and just had to have it. He also showed me this awesome fruit market that I didn't know existed so hopefully I will have some awesome figs and persimmons in the near future.

Also this week I went swimming in a pool! My friend Waleed is a physical education major at University of Jordan and so he has a hook up at Fitness First, a super nice gym in Amman, who got us into their pool for free (usually it costs 15 JD to get into JUST the gym, which is over 21 bucks). Waleed is on the national boxing team of Jordan so it was nice to finally be better at him than something physically. I mean swimming isn't all that popular in Jordan simply because there is nothing to swim in so I could swim laps around most everyone there. I taught Waleed, Waleed's swimming coach friend who got us in, and some random guy in the lane next to us a little synchronized swimming; it was pretty priceless. It was such an awesome afternoon.

Alright I have to get back to hitting the books. This friday I am off to Egypt and Tunisia so I have to make every minute count! And if anyone was worried about my American and the Arabs midterm, I talked to my professor who was not fussed in the slightest I wasn't going to be present on test day. I will just make it up whenever I have time. holllla!

No comments:

Post a Comment