Cs up

Cs up
reppin the bridge far and wide.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pre-Eid plans!

I just booked my tickets to go to Cairo and Tunisia the week before Eid!! I am so excited. My Arabic teacher, Muna, inspired me with a speech about how we are not here to just learn the Arabic language, and shouldn't be in the library but out exploring and traveling (not that anyone had to tell me but it is nice for an authority figure to reinforce your plans to skip class).

I met a guy named Amine in Korea and he sent me a message on facebook the other day saying he was going to be in Tunisia (he is from there) and that I should come visit! But the only time he would be there was the week before Eid. Unfortunately I have all of my midterms then. woops. I guess I will have to go talk to my teachers but I am (unusually) not worried in the slightest. When will I be back here? I mean I obviously plan on it but there is no way a test is going to stop me from doing what I came here to do (even though it is called STUDY abroad...).

My friend Veasey is studying abroad in Cairo so I am going to visit him on my way to Tunisia. I think it is going to be a great trip. And then, the night I return to Jordan my dad arrives! What could be better?! We will then proceed to galavant across the country, and into Lebanon as well. Apparently Lebanon is very crowded during Eid so my condition for going there over somewhere else was that we follow in Anthony Bourdain's footsteps from No Reservations when he went to Beiruit (inshallah our episode won't end like his did in 2006...).

So I have some exciting travels coming up! Until then I will be dutifully studying (to some extent) to make up for my absence : )

No comments:

Post a Comment