Cs up

Cs up
reppin the bridge far and wide.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

post-eid depression

hey everyone! it has been a while since I have posted but my dad kept me busy hitting the pavement over eid. So busy in fact I didn't have a single day to sleep in before going back to school this week...pretty rough. I think by now I have seen every tourist site in Jordan....twice. but it was fun and nice to see my dad. We spent a lot of time with my family, which was great. It gave my dad a real view of Jordan.

however it is pretty obvious that everyone is in a post-eid depression. everyone had such a great time traveling during the eid and now vacation is over. I think eid is really what everyone who came on this program was most thinking about when they joined, traveling around, really experiencing the middle east.

But now I am back in full swing, not that i stopped over the eid, especially at my internship. They just won a big contract and as a result have hired me for a paid position in addition to being an intern. It is great to have some income but I have a lot more responsibility and work to do now! Its not just punching in my 9 hours per week, it doesn't matter how many hours I take just that I deliver the results to the client on time.

We just got our Arabic midterms back and I did outstanding! Really happy with my grades, high As all around. But I can't get complacent, I have less than a month left here, finals will be here soon! I have spoken and written Arabic finals, a political science final, and a case study for my internship to write so I will certainly have my hands full. It hasn't quite hit me yet, I am enjoying this weekend to the fullest before I start thinking about it.

yesterday i helped my friend ahmad move from one apartment in amman to another. His previous one was on the 5th floor with no stairs! so im not sure if that counts as relaxing but I had a great time hanging out with him and his brothers. additionally he has a moped so i got to scoot around the crazy streets of amman, which was adventurous to say the least.

Thanksgiving was also outstanding! I went over to a friends house where I had the most awesome meal ever. There was turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and copious amounts of gravy. I was in heaven.

I may be going to Irbid (the second largest city in jordan) to pick olives with ahmad's family tomorrow so I am going to hit the hay. Maybe I will watch the 7th harry potter since I already have it on dvd before i go to sleep : )

1 comment:

  1. Great job on your midterms!! and congrats on the paid position too...boy and i thought you were just spending all your time travelling around having fun!

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete