Cs up

Cs up
reppin the bridge far and wide.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Gettin my hurrr did

Hi everyone!
Right now I am sitting at a hair salon! I just had a great time getting my hair cut. I came here with my friends Tina and Emily but we got separated and I was on my own with non-English speakers. It was quite funny. The first step was shampoo. I had four people handeling me, all attemping to convey what I should be doing very slowly and with hand motions. It was quite a site, we all couldn't stop laughing at the situation. Frankly I am surprised no one here speaks English since I feel like almost everyone knows a litle but that didn't stop us from communicating. I got the best head massage while my hair was being shampooed and then it was time to head to the chair.

At first we were quiet. No talking just the snipping of the scissors and the glorious sound of my split ends hitting the floor. Another girl came over and was sorta just hanging out and that is when I started getting hit with the questions. I was doing pretty well, told them I was from the US, a undergrad a Yonsei, and was leaving in June. And then it got harder. They whipped out what looked like a mini ipad (a samsung version no doubt) and used the translator. Man that was roungh. I think I understood the Korean better actually. After a few rewording tries I got that they were asking me if I would come back for future hair treatments. But once we got off the subject of hair treatments it was much easier.

We talked about boyfriends (actually lack thereof), which got us on the subject of Black Day. Here there is Valentines's day, where the girls buy the guys chocolate. Then one month later is White Day, where the boys buy the girls candy. And then there is Black Day one month later. Where all the singles dress in all black and eat jajamyeong (noodles with black sauce). When she told me that she didn't have a boyfriend I was like oh! Black Day! I could tell she didn't quite get it so I said jajamyeong and then she we were laughing on the same page (well actually she pretended to cry but I thought it was funny). The other girl handler had a boyfriend though so we gave her evil looks.

Its funny we could get along so well/communicate without English because of the setting. It really shouldn't surprise me at this point but I really thought it would be a routine, stare at the mirror silently haircut because of the language barrier. But this lady was awesome, not scared to try and talk to a foreigner and it made for a great time. It ended with them telling me how beautiful I was and me telling them how it was all them, they did a great job. I have nice flippy bangs going on now. And my friend Tina is going through a series of god knows what kind of dyes. I think there is some pink, blue, and purple going on....we'll see what happens.
Anyway I will give you guys a real update soon! There just happened to be a computer here while were hanging out with Tina and her bleaching hair. See ya!~

No comments:

Post a Comment