Cs up

Cs up
reppin the bridge far and wide.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Party in the USA

Last night I went to a Marine party at the US embassy! I had no idea that embassies could be so bumpin. We have a Marine on our program that invited some of the crowd to the party. Apparently they have parties at least twice a month. There was a dj, a dance floor, argilla, a bar, and tons of people from all over the world. It was a little weird, especially since I wasn’t drinking (can’t come home drunk or smelling of alcohol in a homestay). I had a good time though; it was so great to hear American music!

Before the party we went out to a Chinese restaurant that was delicious! Believe it or not the most expensive thing we got was all of the water they kept filling our glasses with; 16 JD worth of water! That is $22.50!! Even with that cost though it was still a relatively cheap meal, especially for the outstanding, fancy atmosphere of the restaurant. Our taxi had a lot of tassels hanging from a blue light in the back. One fell off and stuck to me as I got out and it now is a charm on my phone to help distinguish from the other 134 phones we all have on the program. That is my memory of the night because pictures are not allowed anywhere near the embassy.

The party seemed to have more Jordanians than Americans but the Marines will be having a ball to celebrate their birthday on November 10th. The guy from the program said a lot of them will be looking for dates so fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment