Cs up

Cs up
reppin the bridge far and wide.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My First Post

I am at drexel right now having an awesome time. I am spending my days in the the Drexel Autonomous Systems Lab (DASL) and with the guys who work here. They have been super nice and awesome and teaching us what seems like everything about robots but I am sure we are just scraping the surface. I have learned about Laplace transformations, brushless motors, programming in C++, Fourier stuff, Hubo, closed loops, controllers, electronics, chopstick usage, and Korean language and culture and more. But this all feels like it is just the beginning, afterall this week is just to prepare us for Korea so we're just getting started. Tomorrow we have a meeting about blogging and photo journaling so this post may be a little premature. Oh well, gotta test out my font colors some how.
We leave for Korea on Thursday! One of the grad students here is from Korea and has been teaching us some phrases to memorize before we get there. I seem to be sadly lacking in the Korean language department. Some friends gave me this awesome ipod language thigny that shows the word in korean, english, and the english version of the korean, and then also speaks it. I have it all loaded on my ipod but my god the vowels sound really similar to my english trained ear. The Korean student said we will be very confused and have a hard time. I have decided to just roll with it, accept I will break down into tears many times, and have an awesome, crazy, probably wont happen again experience. I thought Colby was where most of the drinking happened in the world but sounds like Korea will give it a run for its money. Only one way to find out. Bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment